RD/ND 3-22-03 485 Case Approved!!!!!!!!

durhamguy

Registered Users (C)
My 485 case has just been approved. Thanks to all of you for the information, sharing, support and sense of humor. Praise the Lord!

Durhamguy :)

ND/RD: 3/22/02
FP: 6/22/03
AD: 5/18

COngratulations! Enjoy your freedom

Enjoy your freedom.

RD/ND: march 28,2002
FP May 16,2003

Congratulations!!! I think you were too excited to type the date right. You really meant ND 3/22/02, right? First I thougth what a lucky guy!!! But you are still lucky! All the best!

ConGraTulAtions!

As nfn noted in another post, this shows that they have started processing cases with June 2003 fingerprints.

Congrats and title

Hi durhamguy,
Congrats and enjoy <a little jig here for you>
but yours title says 03-22-03 ... I was just about curse our CIS friends about being inconsistence -- then I saw your signature .
But very good news -- we who did FP in July might get lucky next month --- please please please

Approval for March 02 and Two Questions

I got the approval notification today via email. The approval notice letter is on its way. Can someone help me with the following two questions?

1) What do I need to bring to Charlotte to get the stamp?
2) Typically how long will it take to get the real card?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Durhamguy

rd/nd: 3/22/02
fp: 6/22/03
approval: 5/18/04

Here is an extract of a guy who posted from Atlanta

CONGRATULATIONS.

ITEMS TO CARRY FOR I485 STAMPING

I am in Atlanta, so as advised by my attorney and friends, went to INS office early morning just before 7:00AM. They open at 7:30AM, but even at 7AM, atleast more than 25 people were already at reception desk in Q.

Following things you will need to carry.
1. Your Passport (should not be expiring in next 6 months).
2. Current I-94
3. Your Approval Notice
4. Two Photographs (As you had taken at the time of filing I-485/EAD/Parole)
5. Your Current Valid EAD (if you have)
6. Your Current Parole (if you have)

First of all you need to stand in a Q at reception desk, show your approval notice to the person handling the reception, he/she will give you a form (forgot the name of the form) to fill your basic information, such as Name, address etc, and a ticket number, which will also tell you what is your estimated wait time. Then you will proceed to the Room #111, have seat and wait till your number appears on the board.
In my case officer asked me about my EAD and parole, plus if i have any other original document. Since my H1B extension was filed in Feb 2003, i gave the copy of my receipt notice, but she did not take that.
Then she took the finger print of first finger (in indian style) and my signature, opened my passport, tored out the I-94 and stamped the passport, signed and put my A# on it plus told me that your card will be mailed after 30 days to within an year time.
So finally i was out from the office by 8:45AM.

For those of you asked my dates, here its is once again
PD- 11/04/1999
RD - 05/29/2001
ND - 08/20/2001
FP - 01/28/2003
AD - 04/01/2003
Notice received on 04/08/2003
Got stamped on passport 04/09/2003

Thanks

Also please carry with you some documents which has your family members names are included. Like apartment lease deed with your spouse's name, or bank statement which has your spouse's name etc.

Thanks

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions.

Best,

DG

Cary6 said:
CONGRATULATIONS.

ITEMS TO CARRY FOR I485 STAMPING

I am in Atlanta, so as advised by my attorney and friends, went to INS office early morning just before 7:00AM. They open at 7:30AM, but even at 7AM, atleast more than 25 people were already at reception desk in Q.

Following things you will need to carry.
1. Your Passport (should not be expiring in next 6 months).
2. Current I-94
3. Your Approval Notice
4. Two Photographs (As you had taken at the time of filing I-485/EAD/Parole)
5. Your Current Valid EAD (if you have)
6. Your Current Parole (if you have)

First of all you need to stand in a Q at reception desk, show your approval notice to the person handling the reception, he/she will give you a form (forgot the name of the form) to fill your basic information, such as Name, address etc, and a ticket number, which will also tell you what is your estimated wait time. Then you will proceed to the Room #111, have seat and wait till your number appears on the board.
In my case officer asked me about my EAD and parole, plus if i have any other original document. Since my H1B extension was filed in Feb 2003, i gave the copy of my receipt notice, but she did not take that.
Then she took the finger print of first finger (in indian style) and my signature, opened my passport, tored out the I-94 and stamped the passport, signed and put my A# on it plus told me that your card will be mailed after 30 days to within an year time.
So finally i was out from the office by 8:45AM.

For those of you asked my dates, here its is once again
PD- 11/04/1999
RD - 05/29/2001
ND - 08/20/2001
FP - 01/28/2003
AD - 04/01/2003
Notice received on 04/08/2003
Got stamped on passport 04/09/2003

Thanks

Also please carry with you some documents which has your family members names are included. Like apartment lease deed with your spouse's name, or bank statement which has your spouse's name etc.

What U saw was an Atlanta office experience... here is

Charlotte Experience ....... enjoy

GC at Charlotte
Charlotte office address has been changed since 8 months back. The one in the notice is incorrect. I cannot believe they have not updated since they moved.
Anyway, I went on Thursday(11/21/03). They mailed on 11/19/03 even though they approved the case on 11/13.

I got there at 6:00 AM. I saw 20 people before me. It was a cold day though. If you are going in the winter, get yourself geared up. At 7:10, a security official called for the people who had appt(??)

There were 30 appointments before me. So, I was 50th person. But officers there are working extremely fast. My turn came at 8:30 AM. I was asked to give the passport with I-94 and the letter.

There is another form that he filled out and asked us to sign and got a index finger impression and asked us to stay for a while before they do security clearance. Once it was done, the passports were stamped and told us that the physical card would come after 15 months.

We told him that we brought the advance parole and EAD with us
.(He did not ask the documents) He got it and put it on our file and said congratulations.

We thanked him and got out of the door at 9:10 AM. It was a pleasant experience with INS after a long time.

I wish all to have speedy approvals.

My details
PD 12/99
RD 7/01
ND 8/01
FP 1/03
AP 11/03

Ok, got there at about 6:15am, yup, left North Raleigh at precisely 3am. Took about 2:45 hrs drive time with a 20 min break. there is a rest area around exit 60 on I-85 a little north ~20 miles) of Charlotte. Its at a good location to freshen up after a 2 hr drive. From I-85 , take I-77 and then exit 5 for tyvola road. on tyvola road look for a big sign "Tyvola Center" (on a circular concrete plaque) on the left. It seems like its an enterance to an apartment complex, but its the 'Tyvola Center Drive", I couldn't read the street name. the other option is to keep travelling on tyvola rd, make a left on Tyron, then a left on Tyvola Center drive.

Well, once there, 2 die hard famlies were already there before us. the first one had arrived at 4:30am...what dedication, there was no way i was gonna beat that. It was quite cold that early, so every one sortta stayed in their cars till about 5-6 cars. Around 6:35am the line started forming so I took my spot as #3 in the line. Make sure you take warm clothes, wear a thermal and have a hat. The line area is covered, but the wind will get you. The guards showed up around 7:00am and asked for ppl. who had appointments. they go to a different part of the building.
At around 7:30 or so they started to let ppl. in. The line had about 40-50 ppl. in line. We went through a metal detector, empty your pockets, the magic wand..the usual stuff, oh yeah..turn off your cell phones, and do not use them while in the building..Went to the receptionist guy, showed him the approval letter and got the number...It was B200 and B201 (for me and my wife)...we were the first onces for passport stamping.. the two ppl. infront of us had A001 and A002 numbers for general questions, i believe.
Went to the waiting area, nice chairs and much warmer then outside. The INS officer came at about 7:30am. Our number was called at about 7:45am, gave him the approval notice (both the original from lawyer and courtesy copy), Advance parole and EAD, along with photos and passport with I-94 attached. He said he only needed one copy of the Approval notice and gave the courtesy copy back to us (it doesn't matter which one you take.) He collected the documents for my wife and took the index finger finger-prints and signature. Then since there was no other officer working at this time, he took my approval and the usual paperwork. If there was another officer present, most likely my number might be called out by her/him. So if you are with a spouse, make seperate files for each approval.
He told us that they have to do a security check and we can have a seat. Our names were called out after about an hour at 8:45am. The officer stamped the passport and told us that it is valid for 1 year, and the cards are taking more than a year to make, so come back after a year to get a new stamp. Also, told us that its valid for travel and work, and we do not need to fill out a i-94 any more. i though the officer was pretty polite and professional to actually take the time to show us the stamp, compare the A#s to make sure he wrote them down correctly and explain the benefits of the stamp.
Well, we were outta there at about 8:50am. There were about 80-100 ppl. when we left. A second officer came to duty around 8am, and they were processing about 10 cases per hour, so if you came at 8am, be prepared to spend your lunch hour there. When we left there was no line outside, everyone was seated and it appeared pretty calm and quite, but hey looks can be deceiving. So come early before 7am if you want to leave quickly.
Ok, enough of my rant now, some case stats:
PD - last century some time July 99
ND - 08/2001
FP - 01/2003 - manually requested - very grateful to guys on this board who posted their experience of requesting FP, and prompted me to do the same.
RFE - yup - after 2 and half years, the officers wants to know my status during my school days...1990 - 1998. surprisingly, didn't ask anything about my current job, or if i even have one after the telecom bust!
AD - 3/18/2004, (wife's was on 3/19/2004)
Passport stamp --- wahooooo-- 3/30/2004