RD: Dec 2001 - When can I expect my approval ?

Edison_NJ

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer office informed me (and Immigration Manager in company) that they are going to send the EAD/AP renewal forms within a week asking me fill that out and send it by end of September 2002.
My EAD/AP expires on January 10, 2003.
According to my law firm, it takes 12 to 18 months (INS message: 365 to 540 days) and so they are asking me renew them.
My H1-B valid until December 2003 and I am not currently using EAD/AP.
When I filed my I-485, it was taking around 9 to 10 months for approval. Now it looks like it is taking 12 to 13 months.

Should I renew them this early ?
Will I get my approval before that ?
Any ideas ?

Yes. Company will pay for this.

INS is unpredictable. To be on the safe side, I am going to renew them as per lawyer's advice.

Patience Guys

My my you guys are so impatient...
I have PD of 10/99 and RD of 08/17/01... I haven't heard anything yet...
Why you guys so impatient?
Get a life! Get EAD/AP renewed and forget about it, since there is absolutely nothing that we can do about it!

GC are you getting jealous or praying that the people who applied after you should not get gc before you. I think you should follow your statement, before using it on others

To GCWallaBaba...My PD would have been 06/98 had I not quit my first company...

...some people are getting GC in 7 months (Labor to CP)
...some people are getting GC after 7 years.
...it all depends on their luck.

I know you are a Aug 2001 filer. I can understand your frustration.

I am councelling others to be patient

While I am sooo frustrated!!!
Nothing personal, but I just wish that INS should show some #$@ consistancy, and approve pending cases before moving on to new ones...
How would you feel if a Apr 2002 case gets approved before yours?
Its nothing personal, its just that INS is so messed up, and they seem to be so callous - do not give a shit about whats happening to Jul/Aug applicants when they go on approving later cases...

To "GCWallaBaba"...

...if Apr 2002 filer gets approved, then thats his/her luck.
Thanks for pointing out that I am impatient.

i too ama dec filer..stillexpect sometime in dec

Dec filers can still expect their approvals sometime in November.

To GCWallaBaba- I understand your frustration ...

...when you see people with RD's after you getting approved. But tell us honestly ... didnt you think at some time that you would get lucky,cut the line and hopefully get approved before all the people who applied before you ? :)

Maybe you just did not get lucky like some fortunate ones this time.

Anyways, may your approval come before mine :)