RD 10/2001 finally approved!!

leapord1

Registered Users (C)
RD 10/22/2001, ND 11/19/2001, RFE 02/14/2003, RFE RECIVED 03/11/2003, AD 05/14/2003.

After Five and half years in united states finally i have seen the good news. on last friday one of us suggested to send the certified mail enquiry. BCIS received the enquiry on monday. today morning i was surprised to hear the messaage on AVM. online was updated today afternoon. thanks to every body and good luck to every one who is wating for the approval.

Congratulations buddy! What number did you use to check the AVM this morning? I mean the old NSC # or the new nationwide 800 #? Enjoy your freedom!

leapord1,

Congratulations!!!!

Could you post the inquiry letter? My RD and ND are same like you. I replied to RFE on APR-4, still waiting for approval.
In the past 2 weeks , I called IIO twice to find out the status of my case. The IIOs said the case is waiting to go to officer. Is it o.k to send an inquiry letter after two calls?

Thanks!!

Ram, here is inquiry letter format

I did called IIO couple of times after BCIS received MY RFE response. both the times i got same answer that file is with the officer. i waited two months after it was assigned then i send the inquiry. it may be helpful to you. good luck.

ATTN: Status Inquiry
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87485
Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

May 16, 2003

Subject: I-485: Application for Adjustment of Status for Your Name(A XX XXX XXX, your Alien Number)

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to inquiry my case status. It has been pending for more than 600 days and much longer than 480 days mentioned by your service center.

The following is the detail information about my application and myself:

Name: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Address: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A#: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Date of Birth: - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Receipt Number: LIN-02-001-XXXX
Receipt Date: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Notice Date: - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finger Printed On: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Finger Printed At: - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Special Registration On: - - - - - - - - - - - - - (if applicable)
Special Registration Interviewed At: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FIN#: - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you very much for your attention.

Sincerely,

Name
Address