Rare Case

Dpa

Registered Users (C)
Here are the details: I140 for AOS approved under EB2. Submitted I485 in June 2000 and FP Nov 2000. When I called IIO last week and informed that my I140 has sent to India for education and employment verification. Does anyone have the same situation? What I heard is once it’s gone for verification to home country it will take years together for processing. Greatly appreciated if any one-give good advise in this situation.

Detail, please

Usually when you hold a foreign degree and work experience, INS will ask for verification when applying H1-B and I-140. The question is: did you or your lawyer do that in H-1B anb I-140 phase?

Inf

I’M not sure about that. My company submitted educational evaluation report at the time of H1B. If the INS has a question about somebody’s educational or employment credentials they may contact the appropriate U.S. consulate in India to initiate an inquiry but I’ve never heard of this being don after the I- 140 has been approved.

Thanks for your response.

What happens if the company you worked for has gone bankrupt?

Hi guys,

Can you please tell me what happens if the company you work for has gone bankrupt and the INS wants to contact them for verification?

When did they send it to India for verification.

Do you know when did they send to India for verification. Also did you work for small companies( I mean not well known). Thanks,

Hello DPA

Can i get your e-mail id ID: I am in the same situation sent my docs to india for education and experiance.

I just want to know how long it will take Etc..

Please send your mailid