Quick question regarding employment

Bbal4lif2

Hello forums!

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section, mods feel free to move it to the correct one).

Got a simple question, what is the requirement for a Company in the US to employ someone that doesn't live in the US on a strictly virtual basis? Meaning they are working from their home, in their country but for an American Company. Would the employee still need work authorization? Would they still need to apply for an SSN for tax purposes?

Let me know.

If someone's working virtually for a US company from their home country, they might still need work authorization to keep things legit. As for the SSN, it's often required for tax purposes, but it could depend on the specific situation. Best bet is to check with the company's HR or a legal pro to get the full scoop and make sure everything's on the up-and-up.

If someone's working virtually for a US company from their home country, they might still need work authorization to keep things legit. As for the SSN, it's often required for tax purposes, but it could depend on the specific situation. Best bet is to check with the company's HR or a legal pro to get the full scoop and make sure everything's on the up-and-up.

Thanks. I have an SSN already cuz I used to live there but just wondering the virtual aspect of things.