Quick Question - Pls Advise Me on what I could do

kkhanna

Registered Users (C)
Here is my situation

1. I am a Green Card Holder Since Sept 2000. I will apply for my citizenship this year in June I guess (4 years 9 months).

My question is this. I have been going out with my girlfiend for about 2 years now. We are pretty serious about each other and I have no qualms about getting married to her. Unfortunately her current visa is about to expire as she was given a 2 year work appointment with the World bank here in DC. She has to leave the US by May 23 if she doesn't find a job which we are trying desperately for her. Isn't there anything I can do for her being a LPR..I mean what good does being a LPR do if H1-B holders are allowed to get their spouses here to live with them..Why am I being Penalized, there must be something I can do for her??

Pls respond as I am loosing my mind right now because I really love her and I want her to be with me.

Thanks for the help..there must be something I can do

kkhanna said:
Here is my situation

1. I am a Green Card Holder Since Sept 2000. I will apply for my citizenship this year in June I guess (4 years 9 months).

My question is this. I have been going out with my girlfiend for about 2 years now. We are pretty serious about each other and I have no qualms about getting married to her. Unfortunately her current visa is about to expire as she was given a 2 year work appointment with the World bank here in DC. She has to leave the US by May 23 if she doesn't find a job which we are trying desperately for her. Isn't there anything I can do for her being a LPR..I mean what good does being a LPR do if H1-B holders are allowed to get their spouses here to live with them..Why am I being Penalized, there must be something I can do for her??

Pls respond as I am loosing my mind right now because I really love her and I want her to be with me.

Thanks for the help..there must be something I can do

Hi there

Take heart. I think the easiest way if you both want to be together is to enroll her into school for a semester or two whilst your application for citizenship is being processed. She can also apply for a H1 in the meantime.

Take care.