Questions

kind123

Hi All:
I have couple of question about applying for Citizenship and appreciate any info.

Q-1) I understand that someone need to stay 3 months in particular area before applying to N400. My question is that do I need to have lease or resi. on my name from that area. I mean can I stay with friend and apply. What kind of proof, ifat all, they ask to prove that you have been staying in the area for last 3 months.

Q-2) After I apply to N400 and done with the Fingerprint, can I change my address to friend's address and go back to India and wait for interview letter to come. Any issue with this ?

Thanks all in advance for your answer.
best regards
-Kind

You might be asked for your bills to prove your 3 months residence, no need to own house or have your name on the lease - You can always say you are a room mate. However, it always makes your case strong if your name is on the lease. Changing address during the citizenship process might not be a smart move. During your interview the officer might say you no longer belong to this district anymore and might send your application back to service center to reschedule your interview at your new district. Again going to India is not a good idea if its over 6 months, you will have a lot of explanation to do during your interview.

Dont leave US for over 6 months
Get someone to check your mail always
Get rent receipts/Bills etc for proof of resi
File Change of address with INS if u move

all the best