Questions relating to applying for Citizenship

nsc1000

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am about to send in my Citizenship application form along with my wife's and wanted to get advice/opinion of others on the following items (I searched for it on existing threads but did not find relevant informaion and I apologize if this has been discussed already).

a) Should we send both our application form's with all the supporting material in one envelope/mailing or should we use separate envelopes/mailing

b) Should we write separate checks for $330 and $70 or one check each for $400 to cover appl fees and finger printig

c) We have one traffic ticket each, should we check yes to Q 16, part 10 section D and then detail this in the table that follows after Q 21

d) If yes to question C, is it sufficient to state that it was a traffic citation or do we need to provide more details in that box about the nature of citation (e.g. speeding, not obeying sign etc). I understand that we don't need to send any supporting info for fines under $500 etc.

e) Do people report parking fines that do not appear on our driving records

Thanks for everyone's help and for sharing your experiences

1 mailing envelope

seperate small envelopes (if u want) OR 1 mailing envelope - in it- the forms should be easily identifiable. Use different fees for each form. Mention a bit about the traffic fine, rough timeframe ~ when they happened. don't mention parking tickets etc...just speeding tickets/major violations.

1. We sent ours separately, in different envelopes, but we were processed exactly in sync (until my application ran off the rails). Some folks stick two separate envelopes in a single larger envelope. My preference is to send the application via "Certified Mail with Return Receipt" (about $5) - it's nice to get that green card back in the mail about a week or so later.
  2. We sent two checks each, some folks sent a single $400 check. Both ways seem to work
  3. We checked yes, many don't. It's very controversial on this forum
  4. I put "Minor speeding ticket, fine = $xxx, did 'defensive driving' instead" or something like that on a separate sheet
  5. No

My preference is to send the application via "Certified Mail with Return Receipt" (about $5) - it's nice to get that green card back in the mail about a week or so later.

Just a note that Flydog is not refering to the actual Green Card, its the Green Delivery Confirmation card that comes back after a confirmed delivery.:D

Whoops, sorry. Yeah, a lower case "green post card" that indicates that your mail was delivered.