questions reg H4 dependant visa and h1 related

purab2000

Registered Users (C)
I have a situation here and need help from you guys.Let me list out the things I have.

1.Iam on H1B and my first h1 started in oct04 and is valid until sep07 so visa in my passport has stamping valid until sep07 and has first company name.

2.last april i moved to a diff company and they got me a transferred H1 which started april06 and valid until sep2009. But I have not changed my visa stamping in my passport to reflect new company name and new valid year yet.

3.iam going to get married in may07 and my would-be wife is in india so she would be applying for H4 dependant on my H1 after marriage, mostly in june. I will be giving my latest H1 document(I797) which is valid until 2009 along with all other documents including visa copy but my concern is would there be any problem with her visa processing ? do they consider my new H1 document or do they consider visa stamping on my passport when giving her visa? I just want to make sure everything is right before I give paperwork to her . Is it required or even suggested to get my visa renewed showing new company name and more validity before I send her papers? is it possible that they would give her h4 visa valid until 2009 without issues and I can renew my h1 visa anytime after sep07 in canada or in india later? I also have to renew my drivers license which is valid until my old h1 validity i.e sep07 so i think i can just show them new h1 and renew it, dont know if they will ask me the visa copy, then it would be a problem.

4.my passport is going to expired in feb08 and somebody told me I can only send its renewal within 6 months of expiry date that would means i can renew it only after july07. I think during visa renewal there has to be atleast 6 months validity on passport? Intially I was thinking of renewing passport first and then go for visa renewal sometime next year in canada or when i visit india again. Would there be any problem if iam on expired visa for longtime before going for renewal even though i have a more valid H1?

5. what all valid documents are required for H4 dependant visa?

somebody please suggest what exactly i should do to avoid any complications and smooth processing of dependant visa.I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks a lot in advance.

1. you can renew your passport before one year of its expiry.

2. your h1b transfer is not a problem for your wife to get her h4 stamp, she should explain visa officer whiel she is attending interview at consulate.it is safe u send all ur old h1bs, paystubs,newh1b and new employer payslips and w2s, there will not be any issue.

cheers
siva
http://josyulas.blogspot.com