QUESTIONs on Job change & Processing Times

Mike_137

Registered Users (C)
I have a few questions and will really appreciate if the 'gurus' on this forum can give their opinion. I work in the Silicon Valley / SF Bay Area ... a typical "tech" job.

Q1. My I-485 case is filed in the California Service Center. The receipt date is April 25, 2003. The Processing Dates Web Site says that the California Service Center is currently processing cases for Nov, 2003, so its way past my receipt date, but I haven't heard anything. Is this common?

Q2. I have an opportunity to switch jobs now. I know that according to the law, it should be OK. My case is being handled by a law firm retained by my Employer Company. Even if I switch jobs, I would still want the case to be handled by the same lawyer/law-firm. I discussed this with the lawyer and he said that this should not be a problem as long as they get the permission from my current Employer. I'll appreciate any comments/feedback on this issue.

Also, any comments/feedback/suggestions on my decision to switch jobs at a point in time where it seems my I-485 petition approval is so very close!!

Thanks,

[Q1. My I-485 case is filed in the California Service Center. The receipt date is April 25, 2003. The Processing Dates Web Site says that the California Service Center is currently processing cases for Nov, 2003, so its way past my receipt date, but I haven't heard anything. Is this common?

Yes, only only 2003 applicant, there are lots of 2002 applicants still waiting. CSC JIT is an eyewash.

Q2. I have an opportunity to switch jobs now. I know that according to the law, it should be OK. My case is being handled by a law firm retained by my Employer Company. Even if I switch jobs, I would still want the case to be handled by the same lawyer/law-firm. I discussed this with the lawyer and he said that this should not be a problem as long as they get the permission from my current Employer. I'll appreciate any comments/feedback on this issue.

As you passed 180 days restriction, it's OK to switch job for a same job profile using AC-21.