Questions on IRS transcript request.

Amy Kellogg

Registered Users (C)
Friends:

I am completing the IRS form 4506-T and I have a couple of quesitons. I am stumbled on Question # 6.

It has the following options.

Transcript requested. Enter the tax form number here (1040, 1065, 1120, etc.) and check the appropriate box below. Enter only one tax
form number per request.

Return Transcript, which includes most of the line items of a tax return as filed with the IRS. Transcripts are only available for the following returns: Form 1040 series, Form 1065, Form 1120, Form 1120A, Form 1120H, Form 1120L, and Form 1120S. Return transcripts are available for the current year and returns processed during the prior 3 processing years. Most requests
will be processed within 10 business days

Account Transcript, which contains information on the financial status of the account, such as payments made on the account, penalty
assessments, and adjustments made by you or the IRS after the return was filed. Return information is limited to items such as tax liability
and estimated tax payments. Account transcripts are available for most returns. Most requests will be processed within 20 business days

Record of Account, which is a combination of line item information and later adjustments to the account. Available for current year and 3 prior tax years. Most requests will be processed within 20 business days

Which one do I need to request? Return transcript, Account transcript or Record of Account.

Thanks for your help.

Amy

Return transcript will do. You can call up the 800 number and order on the phone. If it is for N-400 app that you need these as supporting evidence make sure you get hte ones that IRS sends for free. No need to pay the $39 fee. It is very much possible the Adjudicating Officer may not even look at it at the time of the interview.