• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Questions on AOS based on DV-2005

marianna

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am a DV-2005 winner. I do have a low number: around 6,000 number versus 17,000+ cut-off for Europe now. I live in New York City. I am planning on filing AOS based on DV-2005

I have a few questions:

1) Do I need to submit my medical examination with my I-485? The confusion is due to the need to send my application to Chicago Lockbox. Does that mean I am still applying with the local NY office? If so, instruction suggests I don't have to send medical exam with I-485. If this means I am applying with the service center, that means I have to send medical exam now. Please clarify.

2) After reading some lawyers' web-sites and some postings on the forum, it appears that some people are filing all the extras, such as: full copies of passport, all I-20, IAP-66, etc ever issues, tax returns, education, work record. However, if you read I-485 instructions, they don't ask for that much: just birth certificate, copies of pages with visas issued during the past year, I-94, biographical sheet, photos and a notification letter about DV-2005. So no extra stuff is required. Please advise on the correct and full checklist of things to be filed;

3) The letter about DV-2005 also talks about sending a check for $100 to Department of State after USCIS accepts the application. Does it mean I send it when the decision is yes and I know I am going for an interview or does it mean I send it when I know they received AOS package.

Thanks

2. :
My lawer requested all your mentioned extra info. More papers you will send, better you are off.

Why don't you just put together everything and file as soon as possible. It's no fun sooner or later you have to do it anyway.

Hi,
for the firs two questions I would agree that the more you send the better it is. You are right, it's not very clear.
As for # 3. I am surprised that you have 6000 number and that you still haven't filled anything. Or maybe you did?! Anyway we all obviously have different stroies, so I'll share mine with you. First thing I did, I filled all the papers from the first "Congratulations" letter. Then, I got a notice from them telling me that they received it and that I need to pay 100$ that you are talking about. I did that and a couple of days later I got the receipt that they got my money. Whe my number became current I went to the local INS with that receipt and "Congratulations" letter and they gave me the new package to be sent to Chicago. I filled those papers 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard from them. As far as I am concerned, since many things were not clear, I decided to fille all the documents that you are mentionning together with my I 485 application (including Medical Exam). So, that's it! Hope it helps at least a bit! Good luck,
Maya

Sending "the AOS package"

Does anybody know whether we can send "the AOS package" by Fedex or Express mail, or do we have to send it by regular mail?
Thank you...