Questions for those who renewed EADs. Please help!

Xie

Registered Users (C)
Hello, Ak2003 & those who just got their EADs renewed,

This is my 3rd time to renew EAD. I am asked to go to ASC to have biometrics taken even though I did my 2nd fingerprint two months ago and sent my signature and photos by mail along with my I-765 application. Have you done the same thing when you renewed your EAD? Or is this another mistake?

Please help. I am living 4 hr away from ASC.

Really appreciate it.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Xie ,

I had filed my EAD extension by regular mail so i didnt have to go to the local ASC.

If they have asked for the biometrics again then i would suggest you to go for it, i know its a pain.

How did you get the intimation.... was it an RFE? check if they received your biometric info correctly the first time.

May be you could call the BCIS and explain them your situation and see what they suggest you.

Thanks a lot, Ak2003. But I also filed by

regular mail. The receipt notice has the following information:
"The above application has been received. Please notify us.......if any .... is incorrect... ...". After this, then
"Biometrics-
The next step is to have your biometrics taken at a BCIS application support center (ASC). Call our national customer service center (NCSC) at 1-800-767-5283 to schedule your appointment... ..."

Is this the new version of I-765 receipt notice? Because my old one didn't have this message.

I am pretty sure BCIS has all my biometrics information recorded in system. Because I had my 2nd fingerprint and interview for I-485 in local office two months ago. At that time, the officer who held my interview clearly told me that everything was fine, fingprint was there, photos were there except name check. Once the name check is clear, she would immediately approve my case. She also told me it was not necessary to renew EAD because she thought the name check should come back any time soon. That's why I waited so late to renew my EAD which is expiring in the middle of June. It has been more than two months since interview and I still don't know where my name check is hung up. I am so desperate now. Called FBI and had no responses.

What's going on in BCIS? Don't they have anything more important (like speeding up the processing of backlogged files) to do? Why repeat the same procesures so many times?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't think the EAD receipt notice i got did not say anything like that, It was the same as my previous notice, i checked my wife's notice and it says the same.

sorry to hear your story , i think its better for you to call and talk to the BCIS and if nothing works then just go for another fp in the local office.