Questions for gurus or Folks who has experienced it.

brt96

Registered Users (C)
Gurus & Folks,
1. Can EAD use for small bussiness instead of work?
2. When travel with AP do I still need visa entry to enter US?.
3. I am doing H1B extension, If I travel with AP while I am out of US and my H1 extension approved, what status I will be? Can I enter to US with H1?.
4. Can I switch back and forward AP and H1?.

Sorry quite a lot questions. I believe there are a lot of folks like me want to know the answer.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

RD 08/30/04
ND 09/09/04
FP 10/12/04
AP 11/16/04
EAD 11/12/04
I40/I485 ? :confused: ? Next year. :)

1. when you mention small business, do you mean self-employed? if it is, i don't think you can use ead for this.
2. once you use ap to enter the states, you don't need a visa anymore.
3. h-1 extention is only a "status", not a real visa. if you really want to use h-1 in stead of ap, you should apply h-1 visa again in your home country.
4. when ins is processing your immigration, it issues ap for you to entering the states in case you need to travel overseas. h-1b is an non-immigration visa you can use to enter the states. you can only use one of them to enter the states as long as they are valid.

brt96 said:
Gurus & Folks,
1. Can EAD use for small bussiness instead of work?

No you cannot use EAD for Small Bussiness, your spouse can if she/he has EAD

2. When travel with AP do I still need visa entry to enter US?.

No you do not need a visa entry

3. I am doing H1B extension, If I travel with AP while I am out of US and my H1 extension approved, what status I will be? Can I enter to US with H1?.

You would still enter US using your AP only

4. Can I switch back and forward AP and H1?.

I am not sure

Sorry quite a lot questions. I believe there are a lot of folks like me want to know the answer.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

RD 08/30/04
ND 09/09/04
FP 10/12/04
AP 11/16/04
EAD 11/12/04
I40/I485 ? :confused: ? Next year. :)