• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Questions for Greg_Dv2006

tak2

Registered Users (C)
Hi Greg_Dv2006:

I have some question about the front page of your interview letter:

1. How you letter’s front page looks like?
2. Is it computer printout or hand written photocopy?
3. How they writ you name, A number, date, etc. in the front page? ( I mean ,is it type or hand written). Mine is photo copy and hand written, and it is totally different than 1st and 2nd letter.

Hi Tak2,

It definitely looks different from the first two notices.
Mine is a printout, and so is all the information in it.
It reads G-56 Form in the bottom left corner.
My guess is that it varies from office to office.

When is your interview scheduled? My wife and I have ours on Tuesday.

Take care
Greg_DV2006

Hi Alincosma,

We've got it. My wife and I have our passports stamped with I-551 :)
It's a great feeling I have to say, and I wish you the same
Later, I'll write a detailed info about my interview experience
Thanks for asking,

Greg_DV2006

My wife was on H1B visa. We gave them our tax returns. We also had an Affidavit of support but it turned out we couldn't use it 'cause we didn't have on us a copy of our sponsor's green card :(
Eventually, my wife's income, and a document from a bank regarding the funds that I had in my country of origin were sufficient and used instead.

greg_dv2006 said:
My wife was on H1B visa. We gave them our tax returns. We also had an Affidavit of support but it turned out we couldn't use it 'cause we didn't have on us a copy of our sponsor's green card :(
Eventually, my wife's income, and a document from a bank regarding the funds that I had in my country of origin were sufficient and used instead.

Congratulations!!!!!

What did they told you about Affidavit of supports (I-134)? Do I need to show them the copy of sponsor’s green card or passport? It’s sound strange to me!! . Did you bring any documents with I-134 like sponsor’s job letter or bank statement? I have only copy of the pay stub of my sponsor. Do you think it is enough?

Hi Tak2,

Thanks a lot.
In terms of I-134 I wasn't less surprised that you're right now when I heard an officer asking me about a copy of my sponsor's green card. And yes, not only did I bring a sponsor's job letter together with the pay stubs but also his tax returns for 2005, 2004, 2003, and even 2002. Moreover, I brought with me his bank statements for the last year. But it wasn't a point. She wanted to see a proof of my sponsor's permanent residence (or naturalization if he's a US citizen). When I pointed his A number on the affidavit she told me in reply that it's my responsibility to prove something not theirs. But apart from that, she was really nice to us as I wrote above :)
Good luck,

Greg_Dv2006