Questions about O-3 visa for my wife-to-be

neshengov

Hello everyone,

I recently received my O-1 visa. My fiancee and I are planning on marrying in a few months, outside the US. I understand that she would be eligible for an O-3 once we're married. I can't find a whole lot of information about this process and the requirements on the Internet. Here are some questions I have:

- Will the fact that I married her after my O-1 application cause any issues? For example, will I have to have my O-1 re-issued to account for my new marital status or anything complicated like that?
- What kind of processing time is typical assuming she applies in her home country? Is expedited processing available for a fee?
- Finally, is it complicated enough that I should consult with a lawyer? I would have thought that it should be easy enough for us to do on our own, seeing that we "just" have to prove that we're married, not that she meets any special academic or professional qualifications or whatever else of that sort.

Any other general advice would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The O-3 usually takes between 2 and 4 months to get approved and processed. Was able to obtain only these information :(

What was your experience?

Hello everyone,

I recently received my O-1 visa. My fiancee and I are planning on marrying in a few months, outside the US. I understand that she would be eligible for an O-3 once we're married. I can't find a whole lot of information about this process and the requirements on the Internet. Here are some questions I have:

- Will the fact that I married her after my O-1 application cause any issues? For example, will I have to have my O-1 re-issued to account for my new marital status or anything complicated like that?
- What kind of processing time is typical assuming she applies in her home country? Is expedited processing available for a fee?
- Finally, is it complicated enough that I should consult with a lawyer? I would have thought that it should be easy enough for us to do on our own, seeing that we "just" have to prove that we're married, not that she meets any special academic or professional qualifications or whatever else of that sort.

Any other general advice would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Neshengov,

there is no information about your questions on this board. I assume you have gone through the process completely yourself by now. Could you share your experience for the benefit of others in the same situation ?

Thanks for taking the time!