Questions about N-400

Priti Arwade

Registered Users (C)
We eligible as per (5 years - 90 days) requirement to apply for US citizenship
in Mid-Sept and we are leaving for India vacation End of Nov thru Jan 1st. So given above scenario I have few questions and I would really appreciate it someone could answer them.

1> Is it an issue to leave the country after you apply for citizenship?
2> How long does it typically take to get a finger-printing call? particularly in Detroit
3> If we miss the 1st finger-printing appointment what happens, can it be rescheduled easily?
4> What is the average time to get citizenship in Detroit?

Thanks,
P

Priti Arwade said:
1> Is it an issue to leave the country after you apply for citizenship?
You can travel, but you really don't want to miss an appointment without notifying USCIS.
Priti Arwade said:
2> How long does it typically take to get a finger-printing call? particularly in Detroit
Don't know, but check the relevant tracker threads.
Priti Arwade said:
3> If we miss the 1st finger-printing appointment what happens, can it be rescheduled easily?
See #1 above. Don't miss an appointment without notifying USCIS unless its a life & death emergency. Wouldn't it be better to delay submitting N-400 until after you return from India as all your problems go away?
Priti Arwade said:
4> What is the average time to get citizenship in Detroit?
See #2 above

Agree with Boatbod,ur best bet is to wait until u rtn fr ur trip 2 apply 2 avoid all this stress and worries u e encounting right now...

Thanks for your replies.I really appreciate it. I understand your concerns. For some reason I have to apply before I go.... I apply on Sep 12th and I do not leave the country until Nov 23rd. So I have little more than 2 months before I go. so do you know
1> Am I still cutting very close for FP?
2> How do I have notify USCIS ? and do they usually accept these kind of requests?

You reply would be appreciated.