Questions about H1 stamping at Toronto

anniebesant

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My H1-B got approved recently and I plan to go to Toronto for my stamping on Nov 8. I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate it if someone out here could help :)

My I-94 is not valid...I graduated from school last May and have been working with my current company for more than a year. To stay in status after my OPT ended in May 06, i enrolled in a local school.
The F-1 visa on my passport belongs to my old school though I do have a new I-20 from the current school.

what, if any, are the questions/issues I could face.
If I end up being one of the microfraction of unfortunate souls who get my visa rejected, what are my options (I've been told in that scenario, I'll have to do my motherland's darshan :) )

Needless to say I'm very nervous about the process especially because I have the dreaded 22 (g) on my PP from the time I applied for my F-1 in chennai. Also I have a blood relation who decided he would become an american citizen :)

Please help...I promise to reward the best answer with cyber coffee. Oh yeah, my profession is that of a writer for a magazine...does that make a difference?

Annie

Re:

I think it does make some difference: your profession is unlikely to be in the TAL, so you should not be required to do lengthy security checks. Either get visa, or have to go to home country.