Questions about FOIA, what will be included after having my citizenship?

kelvin8250

Registered Users (C)
I passed the interview, and now is waiting to take oath.

I am interest in requesting my A-File copy after taking oath. I saw other threads that I should file FOIA.

But, I got some questions.

Question #1
Does the A-File copy include my photos which I submitted while applying for naturalization ( I guess that they have been scanned in my A-File copy )?
Two photos for naturalization, one will be affixed to the naturalization certificate. How about the second one goes?
Will it be affixed to a biographic data sheet/personal data sheet or somewhere for USCIS record? So, I could see it in the FOIA.
I just want to know whether USCIS keeps my photos permanently in their record or will be destroyed at a later time, including my green card application photo set. That photos seem no way to update. So, next time I deal with USCIS again I could pick a better quality set of photo.

Question #2
Somehow I lost my test result sheet ( N-652 ), does the A-File copy include it?

By the way, I am most concerned about what kind of naturalization data or sheets will be included, except in those question #1 and #2. This is because I saw the officer wrote a lot in my folder during the interview. Therefore, I am curious what it is. If you know something, say something. Of course, if you know more about that, please give me more detail.

I saw other posts that it will take around a year to obtain that file. So I can not wait now.

Yes, you right. I have got all the writings and forms but not the photos. Where does the second photo go?

Last edited by a moderator:
For question 1. There is a scan of a photo back and front in the A-file. I don't know what happens with the second photo, or whether it is part of the A-file. I can only confirm that the answer to the FOIA request contains a scan of back and front of a photo submitted with the N-400. There are also scans of green card photos and green card itself. I really don't get the better quality photo thing. Are you serious? What for?

For question 2. Yes there is a scan of the N-652 included in the answer to the FOIA request for your A-file.

Each case is different, if you really want to know what it is in your A-file you have to send your own request. There is nothing earth shaking. They seem to write a lot, but most are checkmarks on your application, the citizenship test name and A# and some codes on the remarks that are unintelligible.

Photo

When I received my naturalization certificate, it had my photo on it. Looks like it is not a scan but a real photo attached to the paper and covered with some transparent thinggy. Maybe that's where the 2nd photo is going.