Question

falcon998

Registered Users (C)
Please, tell how long did you wait for your asylum interview (note not the GC - this is pending asylum case). I have been waiting for more than 1.5 year and don\'t know what to do. They (INS) always refer to their the only stupid excuse - backlog. There is no move forward with my case. I don\'t know how long it gonna take from now - a year, two, ten ....The time is elapsing and this factor is not to my favor and you guys understand what I mean. It\'s very hard to live with thought that I could be sent back afte several years living here inspite to threat to my life.
Please, post your suggestions what to do in my desperate situation. I very appreciate your help.

The case was filed after 1 month of my arrival.

No Title

A majority of applicants are interviewed within six months. That is headquarters policy to discourage fraudulent claims.

No Title

If you do not believe that you have a strong case, then the wait is to your obvious advantage. Please do nothing. Otherwise, I advise you to bring this matter to the attention of INS managers and to ask an interview be scheduled immediately.