Question Whether Concurrent or I-140

Shyam01

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Which way is better whether concurrenlty filing I-140/I-485 or Filing 140 alone.

Let me explain my situation little bit ,,Physical Therapist

We are waiting for Visa screening certificate , It will take atleast two months for that , But at this point of time we can apply I-140 alone ..Which way do u suggest like wait for the certificate and apply concurrent or file I-140 ?

Appreciate your inputs ,

Thanks in Advance
Shyam

Gurus, someone reply to this please

Gurus, what is better as of today, Concurrent (I140 and 485 together) or Non concurrent (Just I140) :confused:

I would file concurrent, but it is up to you and your attorney. In the Ohata Memo states that with a non-concurrently filed I-140, I-485, I-765
(EAD), and I-131 (AP) filings will continue to be processed as before. Hopefuly, you are luck and your I-140 get approved in the first review (months).

Good luck!

if you have a stable company go for concurrent if you are looking to use ac21 in 180 days after 140 go for non concurrent because in a concurrent file your 140 will not get approved till the 485 is ready and there is no defination for " ready" in the USCIS dictionary.

So looks like we have preety much resigned to the fact that we now have to look at 485 dates to become current to get our 140 aprovals.Really sucks!!!!!
So its bye bye to AC21!!!!!

I agree with IKNOWITALL. If you want to use AC21, file for I140 right away. If I have to wait for two more months to file I485, I file I140 immediately.