Question to senior members (I-140, Kashmir) - How to post monthly approvals.

AATA_NAHIN

Registered Users (C)
Senior members,

I was looking at the thread for Aug 2004 approvals and it is very difficult to know how many approvals in Aug. Then I started adding approvals by cutting and pasting and realized it is a very time consuming process. I have following questions

(1.) Who is responsible to update this? If anybody can do it, can we have a common format at-least for the title?
(2.) How do you guys post approvals? By cut & paste or do you have any other fast method?
(3.) Should we track following info in the title
<UserName>-<Wac#/RD or ND>-<Original Thread Title>
If Wac# is not available, type RD/ND, if nothing is available, leave blank. This way it will be much more easier to track all approvals. Otherwise it is really difficult to know which approval is already posted and which one is not.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

For a LONG LONG time I did it manually - copy paste the approvals from their thread to the approval thread. There is no other way. That is the price you need to pay to have a convinient approval thread.

The problem is these days people don't follow the rules for that particular thread. It is requested that they attach a running serial number with every case and add links to the original threads for detailed analysis, something really useful if you want to track back the case. But I guess we should be thankful someone takes the trouble to update the thread in the first place. Without it, searching anything would be difficult. But off course it is best to follow the "count - username - original title" format.

For a count, it is best to look at the serial number on the right hand corner of the post, in the same line as the date, IP address and the warning triangle. That will give you a count of the post, subtract 1 for the main post and it should give you a complete count.

As far as getting confused whether the approval has been listed or not, well we never had that problem before, there weren't that many approvals for people to get confused, I guess these days that is the problem. The best solution is if the people who receive their approvals make the posts themselves.

There is no one who is responsible as such. I had taken on the responsibility from PCee, but 18 months and 1 approval later, I don't have the energy to update that thread very frequently. So people who are interested in seeing that thread alive pitch in. And I help moderate that thread and keep it clean of any questions/congatulatory messages/etc.