question to hariA

kuyil

Registered Users (C)
did u get the actual EAD card when u went to the local ins office? or was it some approval letter kind of thing?
will they stop the EAD card processing once u get the Interim EAD?
Please clarify....

No Title

>>did u get the actual EAD card when u went to the local ins office?
Yes you get a actual card. you submit ur papers, then after a while they call u in - take ur phote and your fingerprint and instantly give u a card

>>or was it some approval letter kind of thing?
no approval letter

>>will they stop the EAD card processing once u get the Interim EAD?

they will not stop the processing. but i have heard people say that sometimes the ead is delayed. but there is nothing to worry about. i got mine after 3 months of interim EAD which was valid for 8 months. u can read a detailed description of my experience by searching my name or on Ciba\'s site.

Please clarify....

No Title

thank you. i checked out your post in ciba\'s site.
one more query, do we have to take the original ead receipts?
coz\' mine is addressed to the lawyer. she just gave me a copy.
what other documents and originals are needed?

No Title

Hi hariA,

I would like to thank u for posting ur exp. I am in LA and RD is 04/04/01 and ND 04/23/01. It will be 90 days by JUl 04 for me to go to the INS center to get an Interim EAD.

My wife needs an EAD desperately as she has a job offer which needs an EAD. Can we try going to INS downtown and explain. would they consider the situation. Do i also need the original receipts.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks
Anil

No Title

same situation, please keep me post if you get some information on it (getting interim EAD before 90 days due to a special reason e.g. job offer). Thanks

No Title

Here are the things to take for your interim EAD:
- copy of 485 receipt (make a copy and take it since INS will take the copy)
- copy of EAD receipt (also copy)
- EAD application typed out (for this u might need the original EAD application for reference, actually they will give u a form at the front window to fill out)
- no application fee.

I dont think u can get it before 90 days of RD. Especially LA will be very very tough.

Good Luck

No Title

Hi,
I thought I would throw in my experience at L.A. downtown for the benefit of others.
all you need is your I-765 receipt notice. NOTHING ELSE.
No pictures, no money, no nothing.
Of course it does not hurt to bring a COPY of the application if it makes you feel better, but they really do not need it from you. It\'s in the computer!
A receipt notice is good enough even if it is all that you have with you. They pull you file from the numbers printed on it.
That\'s how I did it. ( just in case, I had many more papers in my back pocket but I did not pulled out any other papers as the officer has not requested any )
That\'s it.
INS

No Title

Hi INS,

Did you go to the INS before 90 days, because I am planning on going.
If you did go, did you get ur EAD. My wife is desperately in need of the EAD otherwise she would not get the job. Please throw some light on this.

Thanks
Anil

No Title

Hi Anil,
I am in the same boat as you. Can you please let me know about your experience of going to INS (before 90 days ) from EAD. This would be a big help.
Thanks.
Jay