Question regarding the sample test posted on NABP site

Sandeep Bhangui

Registered Users (C)
Hello
      As many of you folks may be aware that the "NABP" site has been updated with more information regarding FGPEE, test centers etc.
It also has a sample test (about 125 questions). I had a question regarding one of the questions in the test. Hopefully someone on this board can answer that.

Can anyone tell me what is the correct answer for "Question 56" in the sample test. The answer that I come up with does not match the answer given at the back.
Also would appreciate if someone could post the actual formula for getting to the answer, have some confusion regarding the formula too.
Thanks in advance.
Sandeep

No Title

Sandeep

The answer is 50. Creatinine clearance = (Urine Flow X Urine Creatinine Concentration) / plasma Creatinine Concentration.

Urine flow is 1400ml/24 hours or 0.97ml/min. By using this equation you will get 50ml/min. Good luck!

Bosh

No Title

Hi! sandeep
    The answer given at the back is correct. If u apply this formula
         CLcr=CuV/Ccr u will get approximately 50(48.5)
  u can find in shargel and go through for details.
Let me know if u got ur approval for this exam because i applied inthe month of june and no response till now except my ee no.
bye
radhika.

No Title

Radhika
        Thanks for the reponse. No I have also not received my approval as yet, I had also applied sometime in June/July timeframe.

Had one more quick question I know I am missing something really very trivial. As per the shargel book (page 122) the formula has one extra multiple of "100" included.

CLcr = CuV100/1440 Ccr

Where V (1400/24.60 = V/1440 =0.97 ml/min), Cu (100 mg/DL) and Ccr = (2 Mg/DL) I used the same formula but becasue of teh factor of "100" I got the answer as "4850" (which is really absurd) instead of 48.5. What is that factor of "100". I know I am missing some simple stuff in understanding the formula.
Thansk
Sandeep

No Title

Guys | I have a question. What books do you guys read. Could anyone please name some books which I should refer for FPGEC. Thanks .