Question regarding PERM( From a layman)

msukid

Registered Users (C)
Frineds,

Here is my situation. I got my H1 B approval on Sep 2003. and Since then I am on an off on the project. Now I have a long term project with Fortune 50 company as a contractor(Software Analyst). I am really a layman about the knowledge of PERM. Can anybody tell me what is eligibility for PERM? I am a Master Degree holder with physics and one year computer education from Aptech India. Can I apply for perm now? Please advise gurus,.

thanks

I am neither guru nor frined....
from what you describe you should be able to file PERM for GC. You should be able to document uninterrupted H-1B period with W2/paystubs when it comes to I-140 filing in case CIS has questions.

Further, if you MS degree has been evaluated to be equivalent to US MS then you might be able to file for EB-2 category (provided your current job supports it). Re EB-2/EB-3 read the board here under 'retrogression' issues (partcularly for India/China).

msukid said:
Can anybody tell me what is eligibility for PERM? I am a Master Degree holder with physics and one year computer education from Aptech India. Can I apply for perm now?