Question regarding job overalapping on H1B

tavvaru

Hi Rajiv,
I have gone through multiple videos about your community work and helping people on immigration related matters. For that first I want to say thanks for your efforts.
I have one specific question, from your videos I didn't get this clearly. So, here I am dropping you an Email on this regard. Here is my situation.

I have my I-140 approval, I-485 filed and pending from past 2 years, from Employer-A.
I have my EAD cards and AP documents all are valid as of today.

Recently, I have been laid-off from this Employer-A, but they gave 60 period, before removing my name from their payroll system. It means, for next 60 days, I am going to be paid, but no work and no need to be at campus with Employer-A.

Now, Employer-B offered me a job and willing to take care of my H1B transfer and they initiated it aswell. Given that I have valid EAD, they are looking to on-board me immediately, instead of waiting for 60 days to complete my term with Employer-A. The challenge is, I have to be with Employer-A for next 60 days to get paid for my full severance package, and this Employer-A is don't care about my work (or) presence at campus etc.

In this situation, can I do job overlap (or concurrent H1B works) for next say 50 days. So I can start earning with Employer-B and I will continue to be on payroll of Employee-A, to get double benefits. I am only concerned at this point is, is this legal or not immigration point of view. Also, do you see any issues down the road, (say while getting GC) due to this concurrent employment on H1B.