Question regarding I485 priority date with labor sub

sakhlaq

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Appreciate for reading my post... here is some background info..

I filed my I-485 in early Oct. 2005, prior to that I-140 (EB-2) was approved in July 2005, which we filed with a labor substitution, my employer gave me one from a indian guy left the company earlier, labor certification was completed in Jan 2004, filed in Feb 2002. Now since I am pakistani got a labor substitution, confused about the priority date and visa number.
Question is Do I have a priority date of Feb 2002 (EB-2) for visa number from pakistan quota or india's quota?
Reason I have this question is, today CSC is processing application for Nov 2005 applications and I heard nothing from them yet. Some other candidates from my company who filed at pretty much same time I did, already either got approved or got an RFE.

I would really appreciate if you advice me what should I do to get any info on my case. or should I just wait? along with the answer to the question I have,

Thanks
-Syed

sakhlaq said:
Hi all,

Appreciate for reading my post... here is some background info..

I filed my I-485 in early Oct. 2005, prior to that I-140 (EB-2) was approved in July 2005, which we filed with a labor substitution, my employer gave me one from a indian guy left the company earlier, labor certification was completed in Jan 2004, filed in Feb 2002. Now since I am pakistani got a labor substitution, confused about the priority date and visa number.
Question is Do I have a priority date of Feb 2002 (EB-2) for visa number from pakistan quota or india's quota?
Reason I have this question is, today CSC is processing application for Nov 2005 applications and I heard nothing from them yet. Some other candidates from my company who filed at pretty much same time I did, already either got approved or got an RFE.

I would really appreciate if you advice me what should I do to get any info on my case. or should I just wait? along with the answer to the question I have,

Thanks
-Syed
You belong to PAKASTAN quota. Call/email customer service as your date is current and they are processing Nov 2005 cases. Your attorney should able to open an inquiry.

sakhlaq said:
I am pakistani got a labor substitution, confused about the priority date and visa number.
-Syed

It goes by place of birth of the I-485 applicant. If your place of birth is Pakistan you fall into world wide category.

Last edited by a moderator: