Question regarding F1 stamping in Mumbai, India

Amruta

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I have converted my h4 visa to F1 this Jan.(I received the approval in Feb.) I will have completed 33 credit hours out of 36 this May. I am going to India and want to stamp my F1 there. will this be issue to reject the F1 visa In Mumbai Consulate?

If anybody has any experice of Mumbai consulate for F1 stamping in similar situation, please help me to decide weather I should stamp there or not?

My husband is on H1 and applied for LC in pre perm process.

Thanks and Regards
Amruta

Mine is the exact same case except 4 that my husband is on H1 n he hasnt applied for ne GC... Plz advice whether it is better to get the F1 stamped from India or from Canada, which is more riskier???? Plzzzz help!!!!

F1 Visa Stamping

Hi,

I am in a similar situation right now like the one you were in. I was on H1B and I have changed my status from H1B to F1. I have joined my university as a full-time student and now I need to get F1 visa stamping. I would like to know few things about F1 stamping.

• Should I go to Canada or Mexico? Which one would be quick and easy?
• Does the processing time differ from one US Consulate to other? Is there any particular US Consulate/Embassy in Canada or Mexico that I should be going to so the process is quick and easy for me?
• What documents do I need to provide to the US Consulate? Do the document requirements differ from one US Consulate to the other?
• How much time the visa stamping process would take?
• Since my status has already been changed are there still any chances of rejections? If yes, then what are my options?
• How sooner do I need to take appointment with the US Consulate? How much is the waiting period?

Your feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Ankit Patel.