• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question regarding changes to DV lottery

Mijoro

BritSimon,

What do you think would happen to those who were selected in the 2019 DV lottery if they were to cancel the Lottery altogether? Do you think its likely that those currently selected for further processing would be given the chance to qualify or are there rules in place already should it be cancelled?

I would hope that those already given CN would be given interview dates and the 2020 lottery not be drawn? Do you think that it would be more likely or do you think given the current administrations attitude towards the lottery that cn's for 2018 and 2019 up to December be interviewed and those after Jan be void?
Interested to hear your thoughts.

Nothing happens in a hurry with US congress, with the massive divide between both parties at the moment i'd like to think we are pretty safe at this stage. The up and coming immigration vote on June 12th will have a low chance of passing i believe. Best thing to do is not think on it too much or you will get yourself to worked up haha.

BritSimon,

What do you think would happen to those who were selected in the 2019 DV lottery if they were to cancel the Lottery altogether? Do you think its likely that those currently selected for further processing would be given the chance to qualify or are there rules in place already should it be cancelled?

I would hope that those already given CN would be given interview dates and the 2020 lottery not be drawn? Do you think that it would be more likely or do you think given the current administrations attitude towards the lottery that cn's for 2018 and 2019 up to December be interviewed and those after Jan be void?
I think those for 2019 should still be able to be processed, though of course it could be cancelled if they choose too (hopefully not though)!

BritSimon,

The laws recently proposed (although NONE got close to being passed) all had various ways of starting on the 1st day of the fiscal year following the bill becoming law. So - a bill would have to move fast to syop DV2019. If they pass a bill into law after October 1, then it would most likely only affect DV2020, not DV2019.