Question: Photo and Doc Checklist

siliconhybrid

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone, I have been reading for many2 hours, and now ready to put my appication together. I have few questions:

1) I couldnt find the M-378 instruction for photo requirement. I assumed it was the right side way face. I went to a local photo shop, the guy said there was a rule change since 2004 that the currect Citizenship photo requirement is front face (just like passport). Would you confirm which one is correct?

2) Per USCIS extensive checklist all I need to submit are:
- N400 form
- Check/Money order
- 2 photograph
- Photocopy of PR card
I have no special cases like a divorce, got arrestec, or anything special that requires other docs. This seems quite 'little/few documents for a citizenship application. I am wondering if people would include anything else even not required (like tax return, selective service confirmation web printout, passport photocopy, SSN card photocopy, paystub, etc) Would it hurt if I include these extra docs?

3) What's the application fee, if I send it April 30, 2007? Do I need to make 2 checks (1 for the application, 1 for the fingerprint) or I can combine both fees in one check?

THANK YOU GUYS!!!

1. The photo studio guy is correct. Passport photos are good for N-400.
2. Correct.
3. $330 + $70 = $400. You can combine fees for application and fingerprint and write one check for $400.

Make sure on #3, you pay-the-check to "Department of Homeland Security" and not DHS,USCIS,CIS,INS etc.
Goodluck!

oops! :)

You need not send any extra documents. Send only those you have listed.

- N400 form
- Check/Money order
- 2 photograph
- Photocopy of PR card