Question on System 1 System 2

MercyGrace

Registered Users (C)
Hi
my 485 details are WAC 01-136-xx, RD 3/1/01 ND 3/21/01
FP Notice Received around 8/25 appointment date was 11/28.

I gave my finger prints on 8/31 at San Jose ahead of schedule. FBI sent the results to INS on 8/31 (yes the same day!!)

However when i called the IIO several weeks ago, it was still not "uploaded" into their system. When i called 2 days ago, i was told that the results were in their system. So it took them 5 to 6 weeks to "upload" the results from FBI.

The questions i asked were as follows:
I asked about the quality of the prints. I was told that they were good.
I asked about the FBI results. I was told that they have given clearance.
I asked if there were waiting for clearance from any other agency such as CIA or Interpol. I was told no.

The IIO did mention that my case has not been assigned.
Would some be able to discribe the process of INS receiving the finger prints to case allocation?

Does it first go into System 1? What does INS call that system; i.e. is it called System 1?
Then does it go into system 2? What does INS call that system; i.e. is it called System 2?

Is the case allocated from this system?

How do i know when system it is in? I gave my A# and then the IIO asked if i have the WAC. So i gave the WAC. The IIO then told me the status. Does any one know where my case could possible be; i.e. system 1 or system 2 Would it be on the system from where the case gets allocated? Now how can i find out from the IIO next time i call?

Thanks in advance.

How do you get throught to IIO? Anyway, your case appears to be in system 2 if IIO saw your system w

And if that\'s the case, then you may get approval in short time if you are LUCKY.

BTW, I have been trying everyday since Monday to call INS to check FP quality and I haven\'t been able to get through even once...

WAC# and A# theory is not correct?

Luckily got a chance to talk with an IIO yesterday. I gave her my WAC# and asked her whether the finger prints are OK for me and my wife. After a while, she said my finger print is OK and asked for my wife\'s A#. Gave her the number and she said hers is OK too. But she said it might take 3-4 months for FBI to finish backgroup checking. I asked her why someone\'s case later than mine has already got approved. She said that\'s impossible and she could verify it if I have the case number. Too bad no one post his full WAC# number here.
WAC-01-153-#####

MercyGrace I have the same rd and nd as yours.

just talked to IIO:
wac-01-136-5xxxx
rd 03/01/01
nd 03/21/01
fp done on 08/09/01
fp received by INS on 09/12/01
two weeks ago when I called IIO, she said my fp was received on 09/12/01 by my WAC#.
But today, when I called about the quality of my fp, she asked my A#, then said quality is good.
Then I asked is it assigned to an officer? she said YES.

Thanks noldea

Hi Noldea! Thank your very very much. You have encouraged me tremendously. My WAC is 01-136-5xxxx too!! By my God\'s grace, mine has been allocated too. I will expect the approval to come thro real soon.

All of us will become very patience people after this ordeal!!!

IIO Answers

Faint, based on all that i am noticing, the only thing these IIOs are capable of answering are questions that have a yes or no answer. Asking them questions such as "why someone\'s case later than mine has already got approved" will take us no where. They do not know what is going on for most parts. Some are better than others. But the lowest common denominator is that it looks like they check the status on the system and tell us what the system says.

When i asked the IIO what cases are being processed, she told me "we are processing cases submitted in 01/01/98". Obviously she was looking at a JIT. She has no idea that there are cases being approved that have been submitted in 2001.

Based on my conversation with FBI, they do a check and send a reply to INS. There is no first round and then a back ground check that goes on for 3-4 months.

We need to always ensure that we remember that logic and INS cannot be mixed always. They do mix sometimes.

Thank you Bhagwan

Thank you Bhagwan. I expect to get my approval in a short time.

Well, the only way i get throught to IIO each time is that I pray before i call. I am not joking. Its just the mercy and grace of my Lord God.

I prayed too - but that didn\'t work either - it was staright re-dialling for 30 min before I gave u

Again called FBI (I had checked with FBI on Mon iteslf and INS AVM has also got updated - but I\'m worried about FP quality) - and FBI person told me that "INS has asked not to give FP quality info to the applicants" - so back to square one - Is there any other way to find about FP quality (other than to wait for INS to send FP re-do notice...)

Hard Luck

I got my FP done in Jan2001. It was rejected twice. The only way you can conclude is - If in 6 months , your FP has gone to the FBI twice and 4 months later your I-485 is still not approved, then your case will be transferred to te local office. FP quality is bad. That\'s how I got to know.