Question on require document for GC (Consular Processing)

dave2004

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

Let me explain my case. My company's head office is in PA & they have corporate office in NH & I'm working in CA. Company had filed my Labor from NH & I got State & Labor approval & I have filed I-140. Now here is the questions:

- Do I have to have offer letter from NH? (As my labor has approved from NH). I got offer letter from PA office.

- Do I have to have my paystub generated from NH?(Right now they have central pay processing at PA so my paystubs are generated from PA)

I'm confussed as all of above document require to be present during consular interview.

Thanks, I appreciate all your help.

Raju

- Do I have to have offer letter from NH? (As my labor has approved from NH). I got offer letter from PA office.

Answer: No. I think you are asking about the Notarized Employment Letter for CP interview. If yes, then this needs to be on your Company Letterhead and needs to be given to you after it is notarized. It does not matter what location issues it...although it is preferred your company HR signs it! A employment that is given to you without notary signature is not acceptable for cp interview! Make sure such notarized letter is issued not more than 30 days prior to your cp interview!

- Do I have to have my paystub generated from NH?(Right now they have central pay processing at PA so my paystubs are generated from PA)

Answer: No. Just carry your paystubs as they are. ALso you need to call 800-829-1040 and request copies of your last 3 years tax transcripts. You should receive this in mail within 2 weeks. It is a free service!

Question regarding GC (Consular Processing)

Hi Kd1403,

Thanks for quick answer.

One last question:

How do I prove that I'm working at NH office not at PA?

Thanks,

raju

Not sure why you would want to prove that you are working in NH vs PA? There are a lot of folks including myself who work for big five and have company HQ in one state, actual branch office which hired me in another state and my client where i work in another state. But still if you would like to carry some proof then one of the ways would be to carry the city tax w-2 which will show taxes for the city in NH. But i personally do not think there is any need for this..entirely upto you! And btw on day of interview the consular officer has less than 3 minutes to go through 10 odd CP required documents...and documents you are discussing is not even a required document!