question on question #11 on I765(EAD) application form

Viswamohan

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for the renewal of my EAD for the second time.
In question # 11 of the form it asks
"Have you ever before applied for employment authorization?"
if yes,
what Service center and Date(s)
I am confused what to write in the date section. Is it the receipt date of my previous EAD application? or do I have to provide the date on my EAD card?

To provide the receipt date of my previous application, I don't have the copy of the receipt notice with me. After I got my EAD card, I just threw it away thinking I don't need it.

Do I have to provide the exact receipt date? or is it OK if I mention the date close to the exact date(because I remember the week of the month I applied)?
Is this date really important, because any way, I am going to attach the copies of my current EAD. That should give them all the info they need on my case right?

I appreciate if somebody can throw some light on this.

Thankyou

ooops

i just filed mine last week with the 'granted date' as filed date.

hope that doesn't make those guys reject the app. i also enclosed copies of my first EAD's receipt notice and full approval mailer letter.

they received my app on 08/04 but i didn't get any WAC# mail yet. am worried now. looks like they haven't even cashed the check.

well if they reject i'm going to pay the price of not going thru lawyers who are ripping me off big time anyways

Thankyou guys.

I think the date should not matter as long as we provide the evidence that it is granted. If the EAD app is denied perhaps the date comes into picture.
They should have framed the sentence more clearly to avoid this confusion but that is INS.
I think I am going to write the granted date and attach the copies of my EAD and 485.