Question on NIW approval notice

CPU65

Registered Users (C)
Hello Brian:

My NIW was approved last year in VTC. Today, I just found in the Notice Type Block stating: Approval Notice Section: Mem of Profession w/adv Deg. or of Exceptn'l Ability Sec. 203 (b) (2). there is no National Interest Waiver mentioned. Is this normal? Can anyone share the experience?

BYT, petitioner and beneficiary are myself.

Many thanks.

CPU65

Originally posted by CPU65
Hello Brian:

My NIW was approved last year in VTC. Today, I just found in the Notice Type Block stating: Approval Notice Section: Mem of Profession w/adv Deg. or of Exceptn'l Ability Sec. 203 (b) (2). there is no National Interest Waiver mentioned. Is this normal? Can anyone share the experience?

BYT, petitioner and beneficiary are myself.

Many thanks.

CPU65

That's what my approval notice said, too.

Brian

Mine too. The same message is on my I-140 approval. The present I-140 form has option for writing NIW.

Kabir

Kabir, Brian, and CPU65:

How did you get your NIW approved? Are you self-petitioners? Or did you hire lawyers? Thanks

Bystander6

Originally posted by Bystander6
Kabir, Brian, and CPU65:

How did you get your NIW approved? Are you self-petitioners? Or did you hire lawyers? Thanks

Bystander6

Self petition (NIW and EA) with lawyer.

Brian

Self Self petition NIW, lawyer just signed the paper. I did everything by myself and I paid only $500 for this to lawyer.

Self petition (NIW and EA) with lawyer too. It was quite straight forward, I did not see any hurdle if you had a nice presentaton.

CPU65

Kabir, Brian, and CPU65:

Did you get any RFE? I just sent out my package last week. I didn't hire a lawyer. Would it make much difference? Thanks.

Bystander6

Kabir, Brian, and CPU65:

Did you get any RFE? I just sent out my package last week. I didn't hire a lawyer. Would it make much difference? Thanks.

Bystander6

No RFE's on either petition...but that was almost 2 years ago.

Brian

Mine was approved in May 2001, without RFE and took about 7 months due to I-140 freez. Still fighting in I-485 stage.

Hi, Brian:

I have opted CP in my I-140. After I-140 approved, how long did it take you to get GC through CP process? Did you go through AC-140 process? Thanks.

Bystander6

Hi, Brian:

I have opted CP in my I-140. After I-140 approved, how long did it take you to get GC through CP process? Did you go through AC-140 process? Thanks.

Bystander6

About 3 months after I mailed in my Packet 3. It took me a couple of months to collect the required documents, due mainly to a lack of preparedness on my part. No AC-140 for me.

Brian