Question on job termination during GC

rama_1

Hi Guys,

I have a very important question. My RD is 09/17. I am expecting my GC anytime now. My company that is doing my GC wants to cut my pay 10% which would be lower than what was mentioned in my Labor. If I don't accept the cut, then the company would get pissed off and might even send termination letter and inform INS or send a copy of the termination letter to INS. SO in either case I am jeopardising my GC. However I have the other company that is ready to give me an offer for more than my current pay. But that would be a change of company again risky.

What is the safest route that I can take?
Thanks

Dont Worry....

Pay Cut wont have a impact on UR GC process...
As They only need to know, that U earn enough to sustain UR self, it can be lower than UR LC and it would not cause trouble..

U can even change companies, as U have already completed 180 days..

So 2 options,

1) take pay cut, no prpblem with INS.
2) Take new Joba nd avail AC21.. No problems with INS..

So U choose the best option....

I say..Choose 2......Better for U.....

It's not bad at all...

Salary on LC is for FUTURE job. So they can pay you less than what says on labor cert until you get GC.

After that, they must pay you what was stated in LC. Otherwise, the company gets in trouble with INS. This would be a great , and very legitimate, reason to quit the company right away if you get another job, without worries. Keep a pay stub with the lower salary after you get GC.

You can also use AC-21 , as stated above.

Good luck!

Thanks asdasd

Yeah! I think so too! The new job offers me much more than what I am getting currently. So I think it would be good for me. I just want to make sure if the company wants to play nasty and sends a termination letter to INS, boy, I can't take this suspense and wait any longer!

Anyway thank you for taking time to answer asdasd!