Question on job progression with AC21

desi_gandalf

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Here's the scenario :

My current LC is filed and approved for a Programmer Analyst position with the associated job description. I have filed for I140/485 concurrently and am affected by the retrogression of dates. If I use AC21 for a job that has a similar job description and later get promoted to a manager within the same group, will it be detrimental to the adjudication of my 485 ? Opinions/advice/links to other cases are appreciated.

tia

desi_gandalf said:
Hello,

Here's the scenario :

My current LC is filed and approved for a Programmer Analyst position with the associated job description. I have filed for I140/485 concurrently and am affected by the retrogression of dates. If I use AC21 for a job that has a similar job description and later get promoted to a manager within the same group, will it be detrimental to the adjudication of my 485 ? Opinions/advice/links to other cases are appreciated.

tia

Technically, it could be detrimental as you will not be performing the same duties as mentioned in LC. However, I don't think there has been a single case on this board where a promotion created a problem (of course assuming the promotion is only 1 or 2 steps and not to VP or something where the salary will be crazily different ;-)).

The best way will be to make sure that if you get promoted, your new job's duties include all old job duties along with extra managerial responsibilities.

Goodluck!

- ab