Question on IEAD

jagapathi

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for EAD Renewal online on 12/30/2003 (ND 12/31/2003) with Vermont center. But did not get the EAD so far. Since 90 days passed, I am planning to go to Houston INS office (Walkin) tomorrow for IEAD, as I live in Houston. My current EAD expires on 4/15/2004.

I have following questions on Interim EAD.
1. Did any one get IEAD from Houston office recently?. I want the feedback. Are they giving IEAD on the same day?

2. Is there any possibility that INS people will ask me to wait till April 15th, because my current EAD is valid till April 15th ? I don't want to take a risk of waiting till the last day.

3. I am taking the following documents:
Current EAD card, I765-Receipt, I-765 application copy, I485-Receipt, I-140 Receipt and approval notice, I-94 card.
Am I missing anything? Is passport required?

4. Is there any fee to be paid for IEAD

I will appreciate your feedback

I have not got i-EAD from Houston. All centers have a published policy- go to their website.
1. All centers issue i-EAD same day. However- some don't accept your application as walkin- you may have to seek appointment.
2. They don't ask you to wait till expiry. The condition you must meet is 90+ days after application of EAD.
3. Fees: Most centers mostly charge fees.
4. Documents- Take 2 pictures, passport always helps.
HTH

Originally posted by sb_tiger
I have not got i-EAD from Houston. All centers have a published policy- go to their website.
1. All centers issue i-EAD same day. However- some don't accept your application as walkin- you may have to seek appointment.
2. They don't ask you to wait till expiry. The condition you must meet is 90+ days after application of EAD.
3. Fees: Most centers mostly charge fees.
4. Documents- Take 2 pictures, passport always helps.
HTH

Hi sbTiger
Is it the BCIS website.
I dont find the website for center in Philadelphia where i can get iEAD?

What all document shoudl i take for I Ead to Philadelphia

Thanks

Finally I got my IEAD but with some hassles.
I just wanted to share my experiences of getting IEAD
1. The security people at Houston INS office did not let me carry my cellphone because of Camera in it. I had to put it in my car and come back by which time I lost about 20 numbers in the queue and that caused me about an hour more waiting time. What if someone gave me a ride or what if I went their by bus? Where would I keep my phone. They do not have any locker kind of facility to keep your belongings? Lesson to all "don't carry cell phone with you to INS office if it has a camera". I understand now from other people that many federal buildings security do not allow Camera cell phones. If this trend continues, my suggestion to all don't even buy any camera phone as such it is only a fancy and not much usefull.

2. After a total waiting of about 5 hours, the counter guy looked at my case and approved for IEAD but told me to come back next day to get the card. I understand this is a standard practice at Houston office. I had to wait for about 1 hour on second day before I was called and given a card.