Question on I140 revocation/withdrawal

usha03

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

How can one know if the sponsoring company has revoked or withdrew a pending or approved I140 petition?

I have my I 140 approved but it is not yet 180 days since I485 is pending. My EAD is approved to but I have not used it yet. I am still on H1-B. I understand that I can use AC-21 after 180 days to change employer for a similar job. But if the employer revokes or withdraws I140 after 180 days, can I use EAD to work for a different employer?

If I am told on one particular day that that is my last day there, do I have to have a job the very next day to be able to continue with my pending 485 petition?

I-140

Dont worry you are fine.
Your I-485 must be on the way too.
Did you use your own Labor or a Sub?

Hi Usha,

To my knowledge, it is 90 or 180 calendar days to get similar job from the time one leaves or is laid off from previous job. You may search in this portal to confirm on that.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India

I-140

Hi Usha

1)They(Your Company) might let your I-485 continue.
2)If not then you will get a letter from USCIS stating I-140 status and you will get 3 months from there to prove to them that you have same or similar Job with some other company.
3)Other thing is you can Check I-140 and I-485 Status from www.uscis.gov
4)As soon as your Name check and Background Check are done you will get your green Card.

Thanks DIGS and JustGC007 for your replies.

DIGS, I could not get info on the time during which I can look for job. But what would my legal status during that period? Would I be out of status during that period?

Usha,

On searching for your query, I found the following info. in this portal which you may find useful.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=176290&page=4&pp=15&highlight=laid

It is mentioned therein that there is no time limit on finding another similar job. However, in case of RFE to that effect, one has 85 days to respond.

It would also be helpful for you to check the following info. from murthy.

http://www.murthy.com/news/UDportme.html

For now, I'm hopeful you have nothing to worry, but always good to be informed & possibly prepare.

DIGS
EB3, India