question on I-EAD

re

yes, I would suggest you have your passport with you because they do ask for it, though they probably just consider it a better ID

I have a question - How do you file for I-EAD ? Is it safe ? My EAD is up for renewal and I am considering I-EAD.

Bumble

I-ead means Interim-EAD, that is if u apply for EAD it is not approved and 90 days have been thenu have to go to I-EAD.

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that I-EAD meant filing the EAD on-line.

Bumble

Yes, they did ask passport. My wife applied I-EAD a few days ago. We brought her passport, but we were surprised the officer asked her old passport with the first visa stamp on it. Her new passport has the stamps and I-94 for the last entry, but they were not enough for the officer. The officer also asked the advanced parol and my passport because I'm the primary petitioner!!! And the proof that she lives in the same address with me!! :mad: We didn't prepare most the these unreasonable stuff but show her my ID and a check book with both our names on, and argued we never heard those documents are necessary. We were really upset.

My wife still got her I-EAD at last, but the whole process was not pleasent. My suggestion is to bring as much related documents as you can remember of. They have no rules.