question on I-485 RFE response

rajano11

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
On May'22, 2003 I replied to an RFE for my I-485 with W2 forms, salary slip & employment letter.
Still my online status says than an RFE is sent on May 12, 2003. What are my current options to verify that INS have received my response and how long will it take for the approval?
I have seen ppl who received RFE for I-485, got their approval in 40-45 days. Any advise is of great help ..

My WAC # wac-020-735 - XXXX

Thanks,
Raja

<What are my current options to verify that INS have received my <response and how long will it take for the approval?

here is small FAQ

- Use certified mail. You will have long number on receipt that your can enter on www.usps.com and check exactl date your mail is delivered.

- In case your send check in your mail, you can verify when check is cashed out. Ussually bank has phone system which your can call, enter number of check and know when your check was processed.(this is good for initial petition, but definitly not for RFE)

- And as for last option ask your lawyer to call/fax/email BCIS for confirmation they received your letter or not.

I send answers or RFE for I485 and I765. In both cases it took 3 busines days, so 10 days its OK. My initial I485 took one and a half month to receive receipt in November 2001.

Viktor