Question on Documents required for Interview (Boston Center)

greenshackles

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have seen a number of different paosts for lists of documents required at the interview. I am preparing all the documents but wanted to check if somebody who had their interview at the Boston Center could give me some input on it.

Second Question.

In the initial notice I had received from the INS (I-797C Notice of Action) in reponse to my application it had mentioned the following.

Missing Evidences- your application is missing evidences that you will provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under a separate notice...

Since then I have not received any notices from the INS for additional evidence required. My interview is scheduled for 1/31/2007 (in two weeks).
Is this normal? Is there a way I can check on the status of this notice online?

Your input will be much appreciated.

Unless your interview notice specified otherwise, the mandatory documents for interview are your GC, passport and appointment letter. I believe you may also need a marriage certificate if you are applying based on 3yr marriage to a USC, but for 5yr regular processing this isn't required. Anything extra is just support documentation in case the IO requests more proof of something.

The "missing evidences" statement may well be just part of the form letter. I had the same note on my initial notice, but nothing extra was ever requested.

What you need (absolutely) is what they say on the interview notice. From memory:

• Your green card
  • Some ID (like a driver's licence)
  • Your current passport (it's good to have all the passports you've had since your GC)
  • The interview letter (they won't let you in the building without it)
  • Other stuff that proves anything you have claimed (for example, if you are applying on the base of marriage, your marriage certificate)

There may be more, check your letter.

What else should you bring?

If anything has changed since you submitted your N-400, fill in the appropriate page of a new N-400 and bring it along. The IO may just make the changes on the original application or he may swap in your new page.

Anything else that might prove a point that might come up during the interview. For example:

• A tax transcript, particularly useful if you have continuous residence issues
  • Proof of all of your trips (particularly if you are on the cusp of continous residence or physical presence)
  • The orginal of any document you sent a copy of with your application
  • Court disposition related to anything that you listed in the arrests, citations, etc questions
  • More proof of marriage if appropriate
  • etc.

One of the sticky threads has a list that seems to be way overkill.

hi greenshckles,

what is your timeline? when did you apply? when was your fp? how long did it take for you to get your interview letter? thanks.

If you are applying on the basis of marriage, have your spouse accompany you to the DO (will not be permitted in the interview room), but makes it for a much, much, much easier interview.

Thanks a ton for all your input

Details.

Rec Date. 10/2/06
PD 10/2/06
Fingerprint 10/20/2006
ND 12/04/06
Interview date 1/31/07

Thanks

Hi All,

I finsihed interview on 4th, and they have given blue form by oath date and time and place. IS this suffieient for me to attend oath or they will and any letter in the mail.

Thanks
Sumathi

Can you please post your timeline on the Boston timeline thread? Thanks
Hi All,

I finsihed interview on 4th, and they have given blue form by oath date and time and place. IS this suffieient for me to attend oath or they will and any letter in the mail.

Thanks
Sumathi