Question on contents of Birth Certificate

pkp

Registered Users (C)
I got a Birth certificate from a govt. authority. But it didn\'t have any registration number on that. They left it blank in the registration # blank. But it said, according to our records......

Will it be a problem? Please let me know. If this is not going to work, I can get affidavits signed by parents. I think I cannot use both, because affidavits need non-availability certificate.

It is ok.

Affidativits can be used in case of incomplete or misspelled information. E.g. Missing name or misspelled name.

No Title

TC,
You mean, Can I go with the existing BC without any other affidavits. Sometimes, I am getting a doubt that am I taking any risk with this... Thanks for your immediate reply. I am planning to mail my pkt3 by this weekend. I hope I can get Feb Interview.

When was the birth registered?

If it was closer to your actual birth, you can take your BC without
any additional affidavits.

My birth was registered the next day after my birth, I got a birth
certificate from govt a month before my interview. The interviewer
was confused with date issued and date registered and I explained it.
This looks like they don\'t like late registered birth certificate. I would take two affidavits along if it was a late registered BC.

No Title

My birthdate and place of birth are correct. Only thing missing was the actual registration number. I don\'t know why it was left blank.

Urgent question

Folks:

I do not have a birth certificate but have the following
1) Affidavit from father
2) Affidavit from mother
3) Affidavit from aunt
4) Certificate from US consulate
5) class 10 certificate.

Do I stll need the affidavit for non availability of birth certificate? If so how can I obtain it? I appreciate a quick response as I am leaving for India in a couple of days.

thanks

Sam_rij

You still need non-availability certificate.

Just ask the registrar at your birth place, they will search their
records and give you an non-availability certificate if your birth
was not registered.