Question on company change after approval?

psomeguy

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

My GC approved. how soon i can change my company. ?
Is there any problem if i change my company once i finish my stamping on passport without receiving Plastic card?

Is there any rule saying i should stick 6 months with company who processed my GC after approval?

Please let me details ASAP.

There is no regulation that says you have to work for six months. Attorney or other immigration experts suggest employees to wok for six month with sponsoring employer to show that employee (beneficiary) had intent all along the petition process.

You never know, you might need to show the intent sometime in future even after GC approval.

Unless things are really bad I would think the safest way out is to stay at least for a few months (may be 6 may be more!) with your current employer..

Thanks guys,

But actually. my client is negotiating with my current employer( who processed my GC) for taking me in to the their company.

If my employer agrees, Can i join to my client???Is there any problem .. Please let me know detials.

I think it is more of a personal decision. After reading the link (mentioned by MD_Rockville above), you should have a fair amount of idea (and confusion too :D) of the risks involved.
If you think you will have no other choice but join the client, I guess that is what you should do. If you think there is a risk involved, try convincing the client to hold for a couple of months (if not 6 months).

In any case, good luck.

I don't see any problem.

If you really want to be on safe side, ask employer to issue a job termination letter.

psomeguy said:
Thanks guys,

But actually. my client is negotiating with my current employer( who processed my GC) for taking me in to the their company.

If my employer agrees, Can i join to my client???Is there any problem .. Please let me know detials.