Question on Affidavit of Support

Lina_12

Registered Users (C)
Hi!
Please, if somebody can help me!
Last october we filed all forms (marrige based green card), including I-864 (Affidavit of Support) filled by my hustband. At the end of last year he quit his job and start his own business, so he don't have any recent paystabs. But we filed joint tax return in spring and in that return he still has enough income to support me.As well as in 2 previos tax returns. My question is at the interview do they look at recent pay checks or tax returns for past 3 years will be enough? I have pritty good income for the past year, shoud I show it, as far as I know I can't file I-864 for myself? Or sholud we look for somebody to file another I-864?
Thank you very much in advance!

If you have income above 125% of poverty line for your household size then you don't have to worry about anything. Your husband may want to fill out new I864 with current information.
I hope that is what you are asking about. :confused:

I have question on I-864: My spouse is the sponsor and we live with my in-laws so when we fill form..part B: #1:Number of persons(related to you birth..) living in your residence. Do we include my in-laws in that or he can just write 1? If we do my spouse's income is not enough? and also my father-in-law can fill I-864A?Please help.

sanjanar2001 said:
I have question on I-864: My spouse is the sponsor and we live with my in-laws so when we fill form..part B: #1:Number of persons(related to you birth..) living in your residence. Do we include my in-laws in that or he can just write 1? If we do my spouse's income is not enough? and also my father-in-law can fill I-864A?Please help.
Yes you have to count your in-laws. Because they wants to see to how many people your husband is supporting. If his income is not enough then your father-in-law can file I864A to support him provided he is a USC or LPR.

Hi..my father-in-law is supporting as house hold memeber by filling I-864A.Does he has to send his tax returns and employment eveidence with the form or we need them at the interview.Please help.

sanjanar2001 said:
Hi..my father-in-law is supporting as house hold memeber by filling I-864A.Does he has to send his tax returns and employment eveidence with the form or we need them at the interview.Please help.
You have to send them with the form. Read the instructions.

Hi..I have question on Birth certificate..I don't have my name on my birth certificate but i do have my parents name on it.u think it will be a problem or do i have any other choice?

sanjanar2001 said:
Hi..I have question on Birth certificate..I don't have my name on my birth certificate but i do have my parents name on it.u think it will be a problem or do i have any other choice?

If your name is not on the birth certifcate, you should get notarized affidavits from parents and close relatvies. Pl search around the forum as someone posted the affidavit format earlier.