Question on Advance Parole

gc0609

Registered Users (C)
We did not apply for our AP, thinking we may get our GC by dec or jan. But now lost the hope. We are planning to go to india in Feb . Is there anyway to get AP ASAP . Can we go to local office and request it. I heard that we can get AP at local INS in case of emergency . Is that true?

I485 : Aug 2002
3 EAD's, 1 AP
2 nd finger print : Oct 28 2002
LUD Changed : NOv 4 th

If you goto the local office, you have to have some evidence for urgency (like medical emergency). But as far as I know AP applications are not taking more than a month now a days. So apply now itself. Good luck

If I apply to my AP now and if we receive GC within may be like 30 days or so , is there any refund and are we eligible to enter into US if our GC gets approved when we are out of country .Our H1 and H4 visas expired long back.

thanks

If your H1 is dead than you should be on EAD, right? So make sure that is still ok. As for refunds ... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
gc0609,

You ungrateful immigrant..how dare you ask for a refund. Dont we allow you to live and work here and humiliate you when you apply for a GC. Refund!?? huh..what will you ask for next - a dignified AOS process in 6 months!!! ;)

This is probably the reply USCIS will give you.

Apply for a AP and go about your life without factoring in the 485 approval - it will come when it comes. Once you travel on AP and get approved meanwhile you will be allowed in - no problems. It is not your fault that you get approved when you are out of the country!!!

Thanks Rsur,

I know it is a waste to even think about refund . We just applied for our 3 rd ead . So every year we have to apply for EAD , AP , pay for licencse renewal, go for finger prints whenever they want us to as if we dont have any work and pay for the lawyer -Grand Total - no less than 1000 $ . I am not stingy its just that I dont want to spend money becuase some b----- does not want to work.

file AP/EAD yourself - this should save you at lot of money - what I did was I requested copies of everything my lawyer filed on my behalf so I could file myself, now, I'm studying if I do it online or not, not yet sure if online provide a lot more benefit