Question on adding children

rollstream

Registered Users (C)
What stage does one add children to the process. My wife and I have completed our FP. Our son is in the N400 form but beyond that nothing has been done since he is only 10 years old.

My question is what is the next step regarding his Citizenship? Do I just take him along at the Interview or is there any step before that?

rollstream said:
What stage does one add children to the process. My wife and I have completed our FP. Our son is in the N400 form but beyond that nothing has been done since he is only 10 years old.

My question is what is the next step regarding his Citizenship? Do I just take him along at the Interview or is there any step before that?
No, you don't need to take your son to your interview. Once you or your wife become a US citizen, your child would automatically be a citizen (assuming that he is a permanent resident). You can then file N-600 to get his naturalization certificate. And, you can apply for his US passport along with your passport the same day you become a citizen.
Read about it here: http://www.travel.state.gov/family/adoption/info/info_457.html