Question: IRS tax transcript certified or not?

goodyear07

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am sorry to repeat the question. But anyway here it goes... I am getting ready to file N400 application.

Regarding IRS tax transcripts for past 5 years. I got my GC based on employment.

I called IRS asked them to send TAX transcripts for the past 5 years.

I was told they were free (basic tax information). I got couple of those today 2002 and 2003. I think remaining years will come in couple of days. They are basic with one page info. They do not have any IRS stamp saying they are "certified".

What is a certified Tax Transcript. How do I get one. Mine doesnt say its "certified". Its just one page length filed married joint return. Is this good enough.

Can someone please help.

thanks in advance.

goodyear07 said:
Hi,
I am sorry to repeat the question. But anyway here it goes... I am getting ready to file N400 application.

Regarding IRS tax transcripts for past 5 years. I got my GC based on employment.

I called IRS asked them to send TAX transcripts for the past 5 years.

I was told they were free (basic tax information). I got couple of those today 2002 and 2003. I think remaining years will come in couple of days. They are basic with one page info. They do not have any IRS stamp saying they are "certified".

What is a certified Tax Transcript. How do I get one. Mine doesnt say its "certified". Its just one page length filed married joint return. Is this good enough.

Can someone please help.

thanks in advance.

i did not send the tax transcript along with my N400. however, at that time, it was not on the n400 instruction list thou. not sure if they have changed.

i brought the last 7 yrs tax transcripts with me but i was not asked to show them. i am not sure why would someone attemp to get the tax transcript from IRS to be cerified.