Question for those already approved this year

Flashington

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Those who were approved this year can please tell us about the biometrics?

1- How long did it take from the yellow RFI letter until you receive the biometrics letter?
2- Do they send the biometrics letter when they receive the medicals? or it can be before.

The reason why I'm asking it is because I sent my medicals last week and immediatelly after that I began a travel that is going to take two more weeks, so i'm kind of afraid that I'll receive the biometrics appointment before I return home. When I check my on-line status the last update its been moving several times after they sent RFI.

Any comments/experiences? checking some members timelines, the biometrics are really quick after RIE.

thank you for your questions

iam in the same situation like you,

i mailed my medical june 30,

iam going vaction for 2 weeks on july 14,

and iam really worried about the biometrics appointment too

i hope some body answer our concerns as soon as possible

Flashington said:
Hi guys,

1- How long did it take from the yellow RFI letter until you receive the biometrics letter?
a) RFI received in the mail March 10, 2005
b) RFI received by USCIS March 18, 2005
c) Biometrics letter received March 25, 2005 - scheduled for April 13, 2005.

2- Do they send the biometrics letter when they receive the medicals? or it can be before.
Hard to say. Mine is obviously after but different people may be different.

I am not as lucky as most. I did my FP May/04, medical March/05. did not get Biometrics letter till now. based on advice from some of this forum members, I have sent them letter. will let you know when I get the letter. obviously this shows that you can not predict when they will send it
hope this helps.

Biometrics

I am not as lucky as most. I did my FP May/04, medical March/05. did not get Biometrics letter till now. based on advice from some of this forum members, I have sent them letter. will let you know when I get the letter. obviously this shows that you can not predict when they will send it
hope this helps.

one more question

jackdanie7 said:
Flashington said:
Hi guys,

a) RFI received in the mail March 10, 2005
b) RFI received by USCIS March 18, 2005
c) Biometrics letter received March 25, 2005 - scheduled for April 13, 2005.

Hard to say. Mine is obviously after but different people may be different.

Jack, thanks for your info. One more question, does your on-line status change when they send the biometrics letter? what about when they receive the medicals?

Thanks buddy.

Flashington said:
Jack, thanks for your info. One more question, does your on-line status change when they send the biometrics letter? what about when they receive the medicals?

Thanks buddy.

Not when they send the biometrics letter. It did change when they received the medicals.

Any other??

Any other timelines?? We had several approvals a couple of months ago, please guys share your experience.

Thanks

I guess what happens is that people disappear from this forum once they are approved..

Flashington,
Got the RFI yellow letter in the mail on March 10. Sent my medical and biographic form (as requested) on March 29.

UCSIC accepted on March 31 and online status changed.

Got the biometric letter sometime AFTER March 10 (I think March 17). Bio appointment was on March 31 or 30 (couldn't remember).

Online status did not change but LUD changed after they accepted the biometric.

GC email approval on June 06. Physical GC on June 13.

lee_haircut5

lee_haircut5 said:
Flashington,
Got the RFI yellow letter in the mail on March 10. Sent my medical and biographic form (as requested) on March 29.

UCSIC accepted on March 31 and online status changed.

Got the biometric letter sometime AFTER March 10 (I think March 17). Biappointment was on March 31 or 30 (couldn't remember).

Online status did not change but LUD changed after they accepted the biometric.

GC email approval on June 06. Physical GC on June 13.

lee_haircut5

Lee,

Thanks for the info, is very helpful.

JohnSmith. Punjabi or anyone from the last batch, have you received biometrics?

here's my time line. Looks like my card is not ordered yet as there is no change in status since approval...may be cuz of holidays.

Nothing yet..

No Flashington, I have not received the notice for Biometrics yet. I just tracked my package at USPS web-site. Looks like they have received the response to my RFI on 07/05/05.

Received e-mail!!!

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I got an e-mail a few minutes ago stating that today the received my response to RFI.

Here is the text,

Current Status:

On July 6, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

So I think we just have to wait for biometrics.

Punjabi_Munda said:
No Flashington, I have not received the notice for Biometrics yet. I just tracked my package at USPS web-site. Looks like they have received the response to my RFI on 07/05/05.

PM,

Any update on your case yet? I tried calling and the wait was over 30 minute. The automated system refered to the RFI-RFE request of June 25 and emphasize that the customer service does not have any latest information on my case.

MK

MK,

I finally got through after waiting on my speaker phone for almost an hour. (My co-worker passing by thought I had a radio, ha......). No, they don't know jack. Only said it was received......

Flashington said:
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I got an e-mail a few minutes ago stating that today the received my response to RFI.

Here is the text,

Current Status:

On July 6, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

So I think we just have to wait for biometrics.

Windywd,

I am curious about the (preliminary processing). I assume that all of the appicants who were were asked to submit RFI-RFE, had preliminary processing complete.

What is preliminary processing? Since USCIS is in possession of our upto-date G-325 A, what else USCIS needs to make a deciscion.

In the most recent past you have had conversations with your Attorney, do you mind asking your Attorney about preliminary processing? I'd appreciate your response.

Regards,
MK

I am going to talk to him about my cousin anyway tomorrow. He is not in today.

But here is what he said about my case during several of our conversation:

I-485 approvals are "formally" signed by assistant director and higher. As so your asylum case must be signed by the boss of the guy who interviewed you. The staff does all the legwork. They processes cases from step #1 to step #n. Different staff reviews one particular area of the case. Like I said "INS identifies all the cases 'adjustable' for the current fiscal". The cases must have gone through a number of processes and the staff (or their supervisor) think "everything looks good." After they receive your new bio (simply because it has been so long), they move ahead to their boss and say "this case is fine to approval." The boss doesn't know jack. He approves hundreds of cases a day. So, according to my attorney, if you receive RFI, you are done. It is only the matter of time. The good issue is: they have to approve by the ND and they "guaranteed" to the court that they would approve "at least" 18,000 by Sep. 30, 2005.

Hope this is helpful.

Mk

MK,
I think from the preliminary processing they mean that they have your complete application along with Medical and upto date Biographic info and they have your FBI and FP results. I think now they'll have to look for anything in your Biographic and Medical and if everything looks fine, they'll send you a Biometrics notice when they get to your application (keeping in mind their processing dates for asylees). After Biometrics results which tradtionally have been taking three months based on the majority of the posts on this forum, they'll send you the GC if everything looks fine.
That is just my understanding.
Regards,
PM