question for people who are pending I-140 approval

quickdraw27

Registered Users (C)
Hey all

I am about to file for my I-140 with my current employer who, luckily has given me the option of filing either through VSC or NSC (my employer has recently opened an office in one of the states that comes under NSC's jurisdiction). Is it true that the NSC processing times are much faster in the I-140 stage? To be honest, I have read through some posts and they seem to indicate that the NSC is definitely proceeding faster than the VSC. However, I would appreciate your input

Additionally, should I be taking something else into consideration when deciding where to file from, maybe the processing time for the I-485 stage?

Appreciate your input, all.

quickdraw

for me it took 4 months for 140 in NSC.

note: I am just one of you. Seek advise from your lawyer.

I think you should file your case at VSC ... they are much faster than NSC any day ... mine140 is EB3 Non concurrent RIR and i'm waiting since Feb 14th ....like me many others are waiting ...No RFE also ... god knows what they are doing ....

though many others who submitted in feb march april have received approval ...

atleast VSC processing time is way ahead of NSC ...

I will strongly suggest you to go for VSC because not only 140 but they are ahead in 485 also .... just check their processing time ... though they not always follow that but anyway VSC is ahead in both 140 and 485 ...

good luck in what ever you decide ...

for me it took 4 1/2 months to get approval for I-140, (NSC,RIR,concurrent filer). I have no idea about 485 processing time for VSC but for NSC it is taking atleast 20 months.

Good luck,
vasgaddam

quickdraw27

Hi Quick Draw,

Are you sure you can chose your service center at this stage ?
My feeling is: you would need to file in the jurisdiction of your job in your LC, assuming yours is LC based petition. For that matter, even for other categories, you would need to file with the service center that has jurisdiction of where you are going to work for the employer.

As far as the processing times goes, in my opinion, both NSC and VSC are faster. Overall, May be there could be 2, 3 months difference..