Question for Bhagyanagar & Others about EAD-Renewal

Farooq

Registered Users (C)
Thanks for the info you provided about the EAD renewal process.
I have a question for you.
I havent used my EAD but my wife is using her EAD. I am the primary applicant.
My H1-B visa few days after I applied by I-485, I got my H1-B extension approved later but I didnt get my passport stamped till now. Could you please tell me will there be any implications.

Also the application is asking Current Immigration Status
What should I specify there...H1-B visa or I-485 pending. Also should I put the Alien Registration# I find on my current EAD for the question# 10. Please reply to these and I really appreciate your help.

My I-485 Details....EB3-IND RD: 08/13/2001, ND : 09/20/2001, FP: 02/26/2002, AD: Waiting.....Detroit, MI
Thanks,
Farooq

same situation

I am also in the same boat I and my wife not used our EAD and is about to expire my wife's EAD and mine is in January. I received H1B extension papers and thinking whether to send for PP stamping or wait for I485 approval.

PD 08/23/2002 ND 09/22/2002 FP 03/09/2002.

I think I know you.

Ramesh Bachu.

You should be OK

I don't think you need to worry. I am in the same situation. I am the primary applicant. I applied for EAD for myself and for my wife. My H1B expired in August '02. Since I had EAD i continued on to EAD after H1 expiry. My wife is on EAD which apparantly means that her H4 visa automatically expired, since she is working now.

As long as you don't use EAD and are on a valid H1B, you can put H1 as your status or I-485 application pending. I am not sure about the A# in question 10.

Thanks Bhagyanagar

Thanks for the info.
What do you think I should put for the status of my wife. She is also working on EAD and was previously on H1.
Do you know the current statistics as of now about EAD...because our EAD is going to expire on Oct 25th and I am going to mail the applications tomorrow. Do you think that would be fine. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Farooq